The Council is suggesting a number of ideas for how this coud be improved in coming years. Paraphrasing from the full document, these are:
- Enhance the children’s play space with varied equipment such as external table tennis tables and natural play equipment
- Create an area of wildflower meadow or natural planting on the slope in the eastern corner
- Improved pathways with some lighting
- Provide a sheltered teen seating area
- Create a picnic and barbecue area
- Enlarge the dog free area to cover the majority of the park, leaving Lovers Walk free for dog walking
There is a page on the Council website with more information about the consultation process and how people can contribute thoughts and ideas. This also covers the other parks in our Neighbourhood Partnership area - i.e. Redland Green and St Andrew's Park.
UPDATE : I have had a small number of e-mails from residents who have misunderstood the thrust of this consultation. For clarity, the ideas listed above are just that - they are not plans, proposals or done deals. They are meant to stimulate discussion and generate new ideas. Not all (and maybe none) will be done - conversely, there may be new ideas that work better. Also, the improvement strategy is for 20 years, so there is no rush to spend money during the current period of financial constraint - this is about what might be possible if/when the money exists.